If I didn't have the promise of a pontoon full of chaos returning to the dock in an hour or so, I might find this same setting kind of empty and lonely. This wouldn't feel the same if there wasn't anyone to share it with. Pretty soon the pontoon will return to port from Party Island and up the dock will trot Drew, Sam, Faith, Grace, John, Melissa, Meg, Duncan and my Dad...tickling, tattling, bedtime treats, teasing and tooth brushing will resume.
For this moment no one needs anything from me. But what a comfort to know there are 3 little faces I will wash up later and kiss goodnight; and a sun-kissed husband who I will snuggle up to and reflect on the truth that our life is good.
1 comment:
Oh, what a happy post! Life IS good and you are SO blessed. You have a beautiful family!
Post a Comment