Thursday, January 3, 2008

Ode to Soo Loo


I stumbled across this ad for an outdoor playpen thing on babycenter and I had to zoom in for a closer look to see what the HECK this was keeping OUT? Apparently besides bugs and other vermin- your baby is also protected from creepy Himalayan cats! Sick. Look at that thing just perched on top of the baby's playpen. If it talked you know it would have a snotty voice or an accent and is jealous of the baby.
You might wonder how I know this kitty cat might be a Himalayan? Ask me about our old friend from high school days named"Soo Loo" sometime, or as Tom Kilgore called it in a whispered tone "sooooo leeeeee". That stinkin cat loved to chew ribbon and bows, anwered the phone by knocking it off the hook all the time, knocked on Teresa's door- like a boxer going after the bag- to get in her room. Stupid thing scared me by running up and down the piano keys in the middle of the night one time and it sounded like a horror movie sountrack just before the clown jumped out of the closet to murder someone. Active imagination? You bet. I was lying in my bed paralyzed with fear and started chanting Psalm 23 until I realized it was that stupid cat up to his tricks again. My favorite memory of the dearly departed puff ball was one time when we were backing out of the garage we saw as the garage door was coming down that Soo Loo had gotten into the garage so we honked the horn (not sure what that was supposed to do?) which sent him into full out Fred Flinstone mode running as fast as his four paws would go but he wasn't going anywhere. Just sitting there spinning his tires, scared to death and going nowhere fast. It was just too funny so we stopped the garage door and honked a few more times to watch the show. I'm pretty sure one of us wet our pants from laughing so hard. Good times. Random memory.

2 comments:

Brook said...

I just kicked over to your blog from Maria and found this story about the cat, I really did pee my pants, I HATE cats (as I think you know) and love what you wrote! I also love Webkinz and kinzcash and am addicted to the WII.
Brook

Julie Durocher said...

you are hilarious, Shelby! Great story!