Welcome Home
Woah-- just remembered that I had a blog. Kind of weird thing to forget but life has been hectic in the last few months and I discovered a little thing called FACEBOOK. Yep, it sucked me in and I'm in the dizzying world of knowing minute to minute updates on everyone from a kid you went to 2nd grade with to a professional aqaintance you made yesterday. Strange stuff and hard to wrap your mind around. I don't think anyone reads my blog and if they did they gave up checking when I haven't updated since last fall.
Hard to believe how much stuff has happened since my birthday post in September. I got my spa day, haircut for my birthday and the beauty shop diva that I am, I haven't gotten back in until this week again. So a lot has happened between cuts. The biggest change is moving from our house we lived in for 9 years on top of the hill. God blessed us with a wonderful opportunity to buy the Mefford's house on a land contract. Across the road from my parents-- a little everybody loves Raymond but we're careful not to over-do it and end up like those people. We love our new house and it felt like home almost immediately. God is good.
Drew's job at Comerica in Battle Creek is continuing to go well. I am so proud of him. My part-time job as Coordinator of Marriage Matters Jackson continues to be interesting and fulfilling. I truly feel called to this work. Exciting things are happening.
Kids are great minus the illnesses that finally got to us. We were almost cocky about how we avoided the sicknesses that were running rampant around us. It finally caught us. Short lived thankfully but I've seen enough vomit to last a lifetime.
Finally feeling sleepy. Heading to bed. Let's see how much happens between this haircut and the next. :)
1 comment:
Shelby,
hopefully you won't wait that long to post again...I am actually one of those people who still checks your blog once in a while...though less frequently lately, as I was wondering if you had given up on blogging for facebook. :)
But I love your sense of humor and your take on things. It's fun to read.
Post a Comment